2018 has undoubtedly been Roadside Therapy’s most successful year to date. It’s been busy, but full of adventures all over the world and we wouldn’t change it! In total we’ve provided our Sports Therapy support services to 20+ events during the year, ranging from one day events such as the Great North Run to charity cycling events over seven days from London to Monaco.
We pride ourselves on providing experienced, qualified and insured Sports Massage Therapists that can bring not only essential skill sets to your event, but also a smiley, enthusiastic and energetic member of your crew, who only stops, once all the tasks are completed.
We’re lucky to work with a highly skilled team of massage therapists, physiotherapists and osteopaths UK wide. Each therapist bringing their own skill sets and experiences to the team, but all with an inbuilt passion and dedication for helping others reach their goals. We couldn’t do what we do without them, so we thank you all for your tireless hard work and energy.
Below is some great feedback from one of our key therapists, Joe Rainey, who has worked on several of this year’s events:
“Since having joined the Roadside Therapy roster back in 2016 I’m now heading into my third year. My first event took me from London to Amsterdam on the BCO supported cycle ride. Since then, I feel I have developed my skills as a massage therapist which has allowed me to become an integral part of this skilled team.
Working for Roadside often means long arduous days as we assist athletes from start to finish. This means that teamwork is a crucial part of our success. Having set up my own business almost immediately after college this is one aspect of work I have little experience in so i’m grateful Tierney Maude (manager for Roadside Therapy) gave me this fantastic opportunity to work as part of a small team of therapists in a sporting environment. When we’re not treating tired runners/cyclists we are assisting the event staff with general tasks to allow the smooth running of proceedings which again is something that encourages me to communicate clearly in order to get things done properly.
As massage therapists we don’t need an excessive toolkit so travelling with the job has always been something that appealed to me. With Roadside it’s very likely that you will be here there and everywhere as most events finish up in Europe. Most often Paris, in my case! This is by far the best part of the job for me and has allowed me to showcase my limited French vocabulary. Bonnet de douche!
When out on the road I have worked with, and met, some great people. Having a positive working atmosphere around you really does help to motivate you and provide the best quality service to all participants. I hope for 2019 to be another successful year out on the road for Roadside and the athletes we treat on the journey!”
2018 has marked our 4th consecutive year working with Club Peloton and HotChillee. We’ve also been lucky to have had the addition of Just Pedal Cycling and Cure Leukaemia to our event partners, whilst establishing stronger links with Royal British Legion and covered a variety of their new events.
Alongside the events, our Director Tierney, has continued her work with British Cycling, and throughout year has had the opportunity to work with some fantastic athletes. Her highlight being covering the Commonwealth Games 2018 in the Gold Coast and helping two female athletes to achieving 2nd and 1st place. To find out more about her journey, click HERE.
2018 also marked the year that we established our first Roadside Therapy clinic in Skipton, North Yorkshire. A great premises within the High Corn Mill, which services to the people of Skipton and the surrounding area. Providing a range of treatment modalities, from Sports Massage to Physiotherapy. The 1st year of Roadside Therapy Skipton has marked a successful start and we look forward to adding more services and availability in the coming years.
We thank all our event partners and clients that continue to work with us year or year. We thank you for your belief in us and we will look forward to another successful year with you on the Roadside 😊
Below recaps the events and travel we’ve been lucky to be involved in for 2018:
- British Cycling training camp – Mallorca
- Cyclo- Cross World Cup – Hoogerheide
- Cyclo- Cross World Champs – Valkenburg
- Club Peloton Cycle to MIPIM – London to Cannes
- Commonwealth Games – Gold Coast, Australia
- London Marathon with Royal British Legion – UK
- Tour De Yorkshire – Yorkshire
- Mountain Bike World Cups with British Cycling – Albstadt and Novo Mesto
- Club Peloton BCO Event – Copenhagen to Berlin
- Club Peloton UMR Event – UK
- Just Pedal LEJOG Ride – UK
- Royal British Legion Ride – London to Ypres
- HotChille Dolomites Ride – Italy
- Club Peloton PedElle Event – Copenhagen to Berlin
- HotChillee London to Paris = London to Paris
- European Champs – Glasgow
- Great North Run with Royal British Legion – UK
- Royal British Legion Pedal to Paris – London to Paris
- Cure Leukaemia Charity Ride – London to Paris
- Just Pedal Corporate Ride – Lake Garda to Rome
- Blue Foundation Charity Ride (with Just Pedal) – London to Monaco
- Mountain Bike World Champs – Switzerland
- Royal Parks Half Marathon with Royal British Legion – UK
- Cyclo – Cross World Cups 1 & 2 – America (Trek – Factory Racing)
- Club Peloton Cycle to MAPIC – Girona to Cannes
- Cylco – Cross World Cups 4 & 5 – Czech Republic and Belgium (Trek Factory Racing)
- Cure Leukaemia Charity Football event – UK
Are you a therapist and interested in joining our team? Pop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Are you an event organiser and would like to get in touch for a quote for our services? Get in touch through the contact form below.[contact-form]
Thanks! Tierney 🙌🏼