I am a sports massage therapist based in Southampton. Growing up in the middle of know where in Dorset I spent a lot of my time running up and down some the best trails the south coasts has to offer so it was only right I ended up working in a sporting environment. Having run at elite level running and got to understand the high levels of stress people put themselves on to perform at their best, it was sports massage that I used myself to help with that.
I currently work at The Hampshire Cricket sports medicine centre in Southampton, Roadside therapy team and with One Pro Cycling team travelling around with the team as a soigneur for the riders.
When I am not travelling Europe with Professional Cycling teams and Roadside Therapy I am running on the trails and riding my bike to the nearest cafe for some coffee and cake.
- Level 5 in Sports Massage Therapy with LSSM
- Medical Acupuncture
- Functional Running Biomechanics
- Kinesio Tapping
- Spinal Manipulation
Since qualifying in 2014 I have been very lucky to work with some great athletes from armature level club athletes to Olympic athletes.
Some of my work to date:
- Emirates Team NZ sailing team for the 2015 Americas cup regatta
- 2015/16 season home game cover for Southampton FC
- Australian women’s cricket team for the 2015 Ashes tour
- Main soft tissue therapist to commonwealth marathon runner: Louise Damon
Read more about Kyle’s journey to a Career in Professional cycling over on our Blog Page >> Kyle – Career Journey